- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 tablespoons of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 24 speculoos cookies broken in half
- 1 1/2 cups cookie butter
- Speculoos cookies for garnish
2 cups butter room temperature
1 1/2 Cups Speculoos Cookie Butter
6 Cups powdered sugar
6 Tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line cupcake pans with liners and place half a cookie into each one, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, mix in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Scrape down the bowl- don't over mix the batter.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about three-quarters full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool for 5 minutes and then remove from pan. Let cupcakes cool completely.
- Use a paring knife to core a small little but out of each cupcake and fill with a small dollop of cookie butter.
- Cream together the butter and cookie butter. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time until thick. Add milk and mix on high until smooth and creamy.
- Spread or pipe onto the cooled and filled cupcakes and top with speculoos cookie.