Monday, February 22, 2016
Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Sunday, September 13, 2015
Friday, July 31, 2015
Thursday, May 28, 2015
Monday, March 16, 2015
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 tablespoons of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 24 speculoos cookies broken in half
- 1 1/2 cups cookie butter
- Speculoos cookies for garnish
2 cups butter room temperature
1 1/2 Cups Speculoos Cookie Butter
6 Cups powdered sugar
6 Tbsp Milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line cupcake pans with liners and place half a cookie into each one, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition, mix in vanilla.
- Add flour mixture and milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Scrape down the bowl- don't over mix the batter.
- Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about three-quarters full. Bake until tops spring back when touched, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool for 5 minutes and then remove from pan. Let cupcakes cool completely.
- Use a paring knife to core a small little but out of each cupcake and fill with a small dollop of cookie butter.
- Cream together the butter and cookie butter. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time until thick. Add milk and mix on high until smooth and creamy.
- Spread or pipe onto the cooled and filled cupcakes and top with speculoos cookie.
Sunday, March 1, 2015
Gooey S’mores Cookies
Makes 4 dozen cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 2/3 cups flour
1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
2 cups mini marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the egg and vanilla and beat for an additional 2 minutes.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the graham cracker crumbs, flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, and mix on low speed until the dough just comes together.
4. Add the chocolate chips and mix until chips are evenly distributed. Add the marshmallows and stir by hand - if you mix in a mixer the marshmallows get torn and squished.
5. Using your cookie scoop or a large spoon, place 1.5 tablespoon sized scoops of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes.