Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Pumpkin Pancakes

The weather has been cooler here, which is a rarity for August.  With the cooler weather, it put BP and I in the mood for fall things.  And for BP that means pumpkin.  The man loves pumpkin, and I love making pumpkin anything for him.  The man has been craving pancakes lately, and one of our text conversations was about him picking up some pumpkin at the store and that we were going to have some pumpkin pancakes over the weekend.  I was looking to redeem myself for the first pumpkin pancakes I made for him months ago.  Let's just say they weren't so good.  I mean I didn't even post about them on here so that should tell you how not good they were.  But he sweetly ate them all up anyways.  That's love :)  The bar had been set pretty low, so I was looking to really have these bad boys be the ones that I make over and over again. 

Saturday morning rolled around and it was breakfast time.  Really it was a two-fer for me, making pumpkin pancakes and serving BP breakfast in bed.  I love making him breakfast in bed.  For a while we were on a good roll with it and then we hit a dry patch due to us being busy.  So I looked at BP Saturday morning and asked if he was hungry and if he wanted breakfast in bed.  He got the most adorable look on his face and a huge smile and said 'OK, I'll be right here waiting'. 

Down I went to make what turned out to be some amazing pancakes.  These bad boys are a triple threat: easy, quick and damn tasty. 

nom nom nom
Coffee: check.  Pancakes: check.  Syrup: check.  Off I went upstairs to deliver breakfast in bed to the love of my life.  I opened the door to the bedroom and there was the cutest thing ever - BP sitting up, huge smile on his face, anxiously waiting for me.  Couldn't get any better.  These bad boys didn't last long by either of us.  Extremely tasty.  I highly recommend these.  So next time you're in the mood for a fall treat, these will be perfect.

Pumpkin Pancakes
makes 6 servings
 
 
2 1/3 cups Bisquick mix
1/3 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
1 1/4 cups milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
2 eggs
 
  1. Heat griddle or skillet over medium heat.  In medium bowl, stir all ingredients together until well blended.  
  2. Take a tbsp butter and melt it on hot pan.  Pour slightly less than 1/4 cup batter onto hot surface.  Cook until edges are dry; flip and cook until other sides are golden brown.  Top with syrup.  

No comments:

Post a Comment