Thursday, December 18, 2014

Homemade French Dip Sandwiches

I apologize for my lack of posting lately. Things have been hectic to say the least. Work has been stressful and last week I baked every single night once I got home from work. And since last night was so busy for us, we ended up eating out every night last week. Something we don't like to do but our schedules forced us to do it. So this week we have been making dinner at home every night (minus going out to celebrate BP's birthday earlier this week). 

This is the second time I've made this, so when I threw the idea out for them, the guys were excited for it. And seriously these things are amazing - especially once you realize that prepping for this is 5 minutes. You read that right, 5 minutes.
 

Now as we were eating dinner tonight we started thinking of ways to make these even better: carmelized onions, horseradish mayo, endless options. But trust me when I say once you make this it will be on your menu again and again. Proof of this is when BP's Dad came downstairs and we were talking and I said I will make this again, he looks at me  and gives me a thumbs up and says its a winner and he's looking forward to when we have it again. 

Homemade French Dip Sandwiches 

Ingredients 

Directions

  1. 1. Trim excess fat from the rump roast, and place in a slow cooker. Add the beef broth, onion soup and beer. Cook on Low setting for 7 hours.
  2. 2. Take meat out of crock pot and slice thin. Transfer sliced meat back into crock pot. 
    3. Preheat oven to broil. Split French rolls and set aside. 
    4. When oven is ready, take sliced meat and fill sliced rolls. Place cheese over the tops and bake in oven until the cheese is melted. Pour au jus  into small bowl for dipping. 


No comments:

Post a Comment