Downstairs I went to make pancakes, BP's request. He doesn't ask for pancakes a lot. I think in the 2+ years we've dated I've seen him eat pancakes 3 times. So needless to say the boxed mix we had in the house had expired. Now most people would say oh well and make something else, not me. I know making pancakes from scratch is so easy. And they are even tastier than the box mix. It doesn't take any extra time or need anything fancy, you will have everything you need for these in your house. And once you make them you will never go back to a box mix.
Light, fluffy and so tasty. These were a huge hit with BP.
1 cup plus 1 tbsp all purpose flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 tsp baking powder1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup milk
1 large egg
1. Preheat pan or griddle over medium heat.
2. In a medium sized bowl (use one with a pour spout of you have it), combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix to combine ingredients.
3. Add milk, vegetable oil and egg to dry ingredients. Whisk until combined and no lumps of flour are present.
4. Met butter on hot pan or griddle. Pour pancake batter to make either silver dollar sized or large circles.
5. Cook until edges puff up and bubbles are present in pancake. Carefully flip pancake over and cook other side.
6. Repeat with remaining batter. Once all pancakes are cooked, top with syrup, fruit, chocolate chips, etc.