Finally the weekend and I have time to bake! It's been too long - things have been hectic here to say the least. Finally a weekend where we didn't have any plans and we were taking full advantage of things. Which for me meant baking and BP it was playing his Xbox One. 2 nerds in paradise I tell you.
So while he was getting in army tanks and running things over, I was making these. We are hot chocolate lovers in this house - especially hot chocolate with marshmallows. Nothing beats that on a cold night - yes we do get those during the winter believe it or not. Although I do have to say that I've been here for 3 years now, there is no way I could ever survive another winter up North. No way.
Let me tell you, having a container full of these in our fridge is a dangerous thing. Once you plop one of these into some hot milk and let it melt, oh man it's hard to wait. You even get a nice melted marshmallow layer on top too....I had to add some more marshmallow though.
Hot Chocolate Truffles
Makes around 20
3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 jars mini mallow bits
1. Place all ingredients in a medium pot and melt together on low heat until smooth, stirring constantly.
2. Put pot in fridge and let cool until stiff enough to scoop, about 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
3. Make small scoops, about 2 Tablespoons each (I used my cookie scoop), and scoop out onto a parchment lined cookie sheet. Freeze for 1 hour.
4. Remove scoops and roll into balls. Roll all of them at once. If you go back and forth you will have chocolate coated marshmallow bits.
5. Press the marshmallow bits into the truffles.
6. Wrap each ball in saran wrap and keep chilled until ready to use.
7. When ready, drop chocolate balls into 1 ½ cups of hot milk and stir!