|I mean look at these - must try|
Coconut Crispy Bars
makes 12 bars
1-1/2 Cups + 1/4 Cup Shredded Unsweetened Coconut, plus additional for sprinkling if desired (about 2 Tablespoons)
6 Tablespoons (1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons) Honey or Agave Nectar
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 Cups Gluten-Free Rice Krispie Cereal
3/4 cup Dairy-Free Vegan Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Lightly grease an 8 x 8 baking pan
- Place the 1-1/2 cups of coconut in a food processor or spice grinder, and whiz until it begins to clump and turn into a paste (about 1 minute).
- Add the honey and vanilla, and quickly blend again to incorporate.
- Place the crispy rice cereal and the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded coconut in a large bowl, add the coconut paste mixture, and stir with a wooden spoon or lightly greased hands (I use my hands) to combine.
- Press the crispy mix evenly into the baking pan. If needed, you can use plastic wrap or parchment paper between your hands and the mix as you press it in to avoid sticking.
- Chill the treats in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate 30 seconds at a time until chocolate is almost fully melted. Stir until smooth. Pour over the top of treats and sprinkle remaining coconut on top of chocolate if desired. Place in fridge to set for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Cut the krispies into squares or bars, big or small.