For dinner with my cousin and his wife I made Chocolate Ganache Custard Tart. If you haven't made this yet, you really should. So simple and easy, and amazingly delicious. It will please everyone. There were only 3 of us there and we ate a good amount of it.
Next up I made these blobs for dinner with my friends the next night. These are also easy, and a take on a chocolate rice krispie treat - and really who wouldn't want that? You can make them in bar form or in blobs like I did. If you go with the bar form, spray a 13x9 pan and then pour mixture in and let set, then cut into squares.
Chocolate Rice Krispie Treat Blobs
6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1 square unsweetened chocolate (1 oz)
1 tbsp butter
1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups Rice Krispie Treat cereal
2 cups mini marshmallows
- Melt chocolate chips, chocolate square and butter in a microwave safe bowl 30 seconds at a time until melted; stir until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs until foamy; add in sugar, salt and vanilla.
- Add a little of the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and mix until combined. Slowly add the remaining chocolate mixture into egg mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
- Add in cereal and marshmallows and mix until evenly distributed.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on waxed paper lined cookie sheets. Refrigerate 1 hour to set.