Thursday, October 4, 2012

Chocolate Rice Krispie Treat Blobs

Work has had me working crazy hours, I'm closing one night and opening the next morning.  It hasn't left me much time to bake, and I'm beginning to feel burnt out.  Having one day off a week doesn't leave a lot of time to bake as well as get everything done in my one day off.  Over the weekend I had the chance to have dinner with family and friends over 2 nights, and I used both nights as an excuse to get back into the kitchen and bake.  I was so excited to bake again - I knew I missed it, but I didn't realize how much. 

For dinner with my cousin and his wife I made Chocolate Ganache Custard Tart.  If you haven't made this yet, you really should.  So simple and easy, and amazingly delicious.  It will please everyone.  There were only 3 of us there and we ate a good amount of it. 

Next up I made these blobs for dinner with my friends the next night.  These are also easy, and a take on a chocolate rice krispie treat - and really who wouldn't want that?  You can make them in bar form or in blobs like I did.  If you go with the bar form, spray a 13x9 pan and then pour mixture in and let set, then cut into squares. 

yum!

Chocolate Rice Krispie Treat Blobs
 
 
6 oz semi sweet chocolate chips
1 square unsweetened chocolate (1 oz)
1 tbsp butter
2 eggs
1 1/4 cups confectioners sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 cups Rice Krispie Treat cereal
2 cups mini marshmallows
 
  1. Melt chocolate chips, chocolate square and butter in a microwave safe bowl 30 seconds at a time until melted; stir until smooth. 
  2. In a separate bowl, beat eggs until foamy; add in sugar, salt and vanilla. 
  3. Add a little of the chocolate mixture to the egg mixture and mix until combined.  Slowly add the remaining chocolate mixture into egg mixture and stir until fully incorporated.
  4. Add in cereal and marshmallows and mix until evenly distributed.
  5. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on waxed paper lined cookie sheets.  Refrigerate 1 hour to set.  

No comments:

Post a Comment