Monday, September 30, 2013

Mini Pumpkin Pie Croissants

Oh the weekend.  Sometimes I wish they were longer.  I've been busting my butt at work and it's starting to take it's toll on me. I only get to see BP on the weekends, so we always make the best of them.  I miss him like crazy during the week though.  When talk of weekend baking came up there were two possibilities.  The mini pumpkin pie croissants or the amazing Pumpkin Brown Butter Cupcakes.  I was pulling for the cupcakes - these things are amazeballs.  Flat out scream fall and it's been cooler here weather wise and I'm ready for fall in all of its glory - well let me just say that there really isn't a fall in Northern Virginia.....it's still in the high 70's low 80's here lately.  I'll take it.  I don't miss the colder weather up north that's for sure.  So yes, I was pulling all I could for BP to choose the cupcakes.  Telling him how amazing they are, showing him a picture of them (to be clear - it was a sad photo of them, it did them no justice at all).  And after the debacle that was the cookies last weekend, the croissants won.  Side note - cupcakes will be made this weekend.  BP must know the wonder that is these things. 

Let me say, these things are ridiculously easy and so tasty.  So tasty.  If you can open a tube of croissants then you can handle this recipe.  Need a snack real quick?! This is your treat!!  Get the hint yet? :)

BP was ready for these bad boys.  Couldn't wait for them.  And Sunday is now football day and baking day - I mean you gotta have treats during football. 

Fresh from the oven
BP came upstairs as I was pulling these out of the oven.  He said they smelled amazing and asked if they were ready to try.  I said yes, and him and his dad quickly came in.  What happened next I wish I had on video because it was priceless.  BP takes one and the way his eyes lit up I knew this was a hit.  His dad comes in and takes two and steps off to the side.  He tries one, looks at me and says 'oh those are good' and comes back and takes a couple more to fill up his plate and goes back to watching the Red Zone.  Priceless.  That is now one of my favorite moments with BP's dad.  Still on the fence with these?  Look at the picture above when those bad boys came out of the oven.  Now look at this one - taken less than 2 minutes later.......

Yep.......that good
.......these little bad boys are almost all gone.  It was a good laugh for sure.  But a sure sign of a hit.  So get to baking people!!

Mini Pumpkin Pie Croissants
makes 32
 
Filling:
2 tubes crescent rolls
8 oz cream cheese - room temperature
one cup canned pumpkin
1 1/2 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
4 tbsp sugar
 
Coating:
4 tbsp. sugar
1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
 
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.  Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silpats.  
  2. In a large bowl beat together cream cheese, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and sugar together until fluffy, about 3 minutes.  In a medium bowl, mix together sugar and pumpkin pie spice until evenly mixed.  Set aside for later. 
  3. Unroll each crescent roll and slice each one in half lengthwise.   Spread about 1 1/2 tsp of filling over each crescent roll. 
  4. Roll each one, starting at the wider end down to the smaller end.  Roll each mini croissant in sugar mixture until evenly coated.  Place on prepared cookie sheets.  Repeat until all are made.
  5. Bake for 10-13 minutes, rotating halfway through, until croissants are lightly browned and baked through. 


No comments:

Post a Comment