Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Best. Cookie. Ever

Things have been hectic to say the least. Between being constantly sick and so much stress at work I felt like I was going to break. My parents raised me to always give 110% with everything I do. I felt like I was going to burn out at any moment, and then my boss sat me down and told me they had to let me go. So now I'm trying to find a new job and once again have a lot of free time on my hands. What do I do to fill it? Bake. 

I've been craving these cookies for a while now, but just never had the time to make them. So these were up high on my list of things to make.

I didn't have all of the add ins needed, so I went with what I had on hand in the house. I had accidentally bought butterscotch chips one day and didn't realize it until I opened the bag and poured then into a bowl. I had to set them aside for later use - and these cookies were going to be it. Usually I make these with chocolate chips, chunks of caramel and toffee bits. Today I went with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and caramel bits (these are made by Kraft and are perfect for your baking needs! No more unwrapping and cutting up caramel squares. These are my BFF for any baking needs with caramel. They are in the baking aisle with chocolate chips). And let me tell you, the taste alone from sneaking a bite (ok more like 4) of the dough, these are going to be amazing. 


Oh man are these delicious! Everyone who has tried one loves them. These are a must make. 

Best cookie ever
Makes 72 cookies

2 cups minus 2 tbsp cake flour
1 2/3 cups bread flour
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 sticks butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cups dark brown sugar
1 cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
2 eggs
2 tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
2 cups butterscotch chips
2 cups caramel bits 

1. In a large bowl soft together flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt; set aside.
2. In another large bowl or your mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla. Reduce speed to low and slowly add in flour mixture. Mix until just combined. Add in chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and caramel bits and mix until incorporated. 
3. Transfer dough to a large bowl and press plastic wrap against the dough. Refrigerate for 24-36 hours. (Can be refrigerated for up to 72 hrs max).

When ready to bake:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silpats. 
2. Scoop out cookie dough with 1 1/2" cookie scoop into prepared cookie sheets.
3. Bake until golden brown 10-15 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment