Monday, June 23, 2014

Milky Way Chocolate Chip Cookies

As you all know, my love for caramel runs deep. The Milky Way candy bar has always been one of my favorites. When Halloween rolled around I knew I was going to hit the jackpot with them. So many people would hand them out. I loved it, my sisters not so much. We would trade candy at the end of the night or the next day - I would give them all of my Snickers (still to this day I don't like Snickers or any candy with peanuts in it. Those two things should be separate in my mind.), and I would get all of their Milky Ways. Heaven. So needless to say when I saw these bad boys, I snatched that recipe up and made a few tweaks. 

Some of our friends were having a BBQ and of course I was going to bake things for it.  The hosts had requested some Slutty Brownies (in one of the best baking requests I've ever gotten) and I wanted to make something else just incase - always better to be over prepared than under prepared. 


Oh man - these guys are awesome. I have to admit, I ate way more cookie dough than I should of while making these....but so tasty. Next time I might use more Milky Ways in them  since I felt like it wasn't enough, but the 12 mini ones I used did them justice. 

Milky Way Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes about 4 dozen 

2 sticks butter, softened
¾ Cup sugar
¾ Cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 ¾ Cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
12 mini milky ways, coarsely chopped
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
Instructions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silpats.  In a large bowl cream the butter and sugars with a mixer. Beat in eggs and vanilla until well combined. In a separate bowl combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients. Once combined, add the chopped milky ways and chocolate chips. Mix until combined. 

2. Scoop cookies onto a lined baking sheet. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment