Friday, June 27, 2014

White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies

It's no secret that I'm not a fan of nuts in cookies or candy bars. Well anything dessert wise really. I love them on their own, but for some reason when they are in a dessert I can't stand it. Strange, I know. My sisters never failed to let me know that I was a weirdo for it. 

BP and I were talking about his dads upcoming retirement and how I said I wanted to make him anything he wanted to celebrate it. (The lobsters I had shipped down from the Cape a couple weeks ago was also a nice surprise for them). We were throwing around ideas and these came up and immediately we both knew that I had to make them. 

A couple of days pass and I get around to making them. So there we are, BP's dad and I watching the World Cup (USA vs. Germany) and I tell him about the cookies. What happens next was priceless. This is truly where BP gets this from. BP's dads eyes light up and he says 'I like those a lot'. He finishes eating lunch and looks at me again 'So those cookies are ready to eat?". I say yes and off he goes to get some. He comes back, eating one and a few more on his plate, telling me how great they are. 



He's a huge fan of macadamia nuts - and I have to admit, these cookies are the only acception to my no nuts in cookies rule. So rich and delicious. 

BP makes it home and got to try a few as well - huge hit with him too. Absolutely on my list to make again. 

White Chocolate Chip Macadamia Nut Cookies
Makes about 30 cookies 

ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 1/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup coarsely chopped salted macadamia nuts

directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 325°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silpats. Set aside.

2.  In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.

3.  In a stand mixer, beat butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract.

4.  Add flour mixture, mixing until completely combined. Stir in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts until evenly distributed (you can do this by hand or with the stand mixer).

5.  Using your 1 1/2" cookie scoop, evenly scoop dough onto prepared sheets. 

6.  Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges are very slightly browned. The cookies will not look cooked in the center, but they will finish cooking while cooling on cookie sheet.  Remove from oven and let cookies rest on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 7 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment