Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Homemade Bailey's Liquor

I know it's been over a week since I've posted - I'm truly sorry about that.  I actually took a 4 day vacation to DC (my first vacation in over 7 years that didn't involve me going to a wedding or being a bridesmaid in one).  It was an amazing time away and just what I needed - definately came at the right time.  I thought I would start off with something easy this week.  And since I like to use liquor in my baking instead of coffee, I thought I would share this great recipe that I got from one of my friends years ago. 

The best part of this is that all you need is a blender - no ovens or anything special needed.  Just a blender.  It takes all of 5 minutes to make, not even that.  Who doesn't love that?!  And this would make a great gift to someone - or just to sip at night for yourself.  :) 

I got the blender out and started adding things to it.  As a base you use any whiskey you like - inexpensive or top of the line, doesn't matter.  Now, you might get a little weirded out about some of the ingredients, but I assure you it's safe and you won't get sick.  Yes, there are eggs in this and a can of sweetened condensed milk and some cream, and some flavorings as well.  But it's delicious.  It really is.  I'm still working on a version of this that does different flavors like Bailey's does, but my taste tester loved the version I brought him.  Once everything is in the blender, just blend away.  It ends up making a quart of booze.  Put it in a bottle and let it sit in the fridge.


yummm




Homemade Bailey's Liquor
makes 1 quart

1 cup whiskey of choice
1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
1 cup whipping cream
3 eggs
2 tbsp chocolate syrup
1 tbsp instant coffee granules
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp coconut or almond extract

In a blender combine all the ingredients and blend until smooth.  Store in fridge no more than 2 weeks.  Shake before each use.

No comments:

Post a Comment