Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Peanut Butter Pretzel Truffles

Over my sisters birthday weekend, she had made some treats for herself since I wasn't there to make the standard birthday cupcakes for her. She sent me a picture of them and I said they looked amazing and I asked her to write up a guest blog post for me about them......and after some patient waiting on my part it showed up in my email.  :) 
 
So, I'm not much of a baker. Great cook...baking too much patience is required for this girl!!
But then, it's my birthday. And I'm having a party to celebrate...yay! But wait, CB has left me. What's a girl to do???
Enter my November issue of Food Network magazine, and an amazing ad by Snyder's of Hanover pretzels.
This girl is saved!!! I mean this recipe is so easy (and delicious) that even I can make it and look good!
 
yum! well - I heard they were
delicious, haven't made them
myself yet
 
PEANUT BUTTER PRETZEL POPS (I made truffles..no sticks on hand)
Ingredients:
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup of butter
1 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
1 1/2 cups chocolate candy melts or 10 oz baker's chocolate finely chopped
1 1/2 cups crushed Snyder's of Hanover Pretzel sticks
20 lollipop sticks
1. melt peanut butter and butter in a microwave or small saucepan, stirring until completely smooth
2. stir in confectioner's sugar
3. freeze for 30 minutes
4. scoop out heaping tablespoons of the cold mixture and roll into balls, using all the peanut butter mixture;
place on a parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet;
freeze for 15 minutes
5. remove from freezer and insert one lollipop stick in each peanut butter ball
6. melt chocolate, following package instructions
7. dip and roll each ball in the melted chocolate and dip into the crushed pretzels;
place bake on baking sheet
8. when all are finished, place baking sheet in the refrigerator for a few minutes or until the chocolate is set
9. keep refrigerated until ready to serve

No comments:

Post a Comment