Sunday, December 23, 2012

Egg Nog Ice Cream

I had left over Egg Nog in my fridge from making Egg Nog Cupcakes for my coworkers last week.  The Egg Nog needed to get used - and quick since I was heading back to MA for Christmas.  Enter the easiest, tastiest Egg Nog Ice Cream.  Izzy hasn't been used since before I moved so this was the perfect chance to bust him out.  Big Red needed a break, he's been working overtime lately getting back into the swing of baking regularly again.  So why not make some ice cream?!  Yes it's winter, but things have been so warm lately it doesn't really feel like it.  That is, until I got into MA for Christmas.  WOW!! Cold - something I'm not used to.  The warm weather in DC has been fantastic and we've been spoiled with it.  The past couple of nights I have been so cold - wishing I brought my quilt with me. 
creamy goodness

So if you have Egg Nog and you don't know what to do with it, make some Ice Cream with it.  You won't be disappointed - creamy and delicious.  You will love Egg Nog in a whole new way. 

Egg Nog Ice Cream
makes 1 quart
 
2 cups Egg Nog
2 cups heavy cream
1 (10 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
 
 
In a large bowl mix together egg nog, heavy cream, condensed milk and vanilla.  Mix until combined.  Pour mixture into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's directions until it reaches "soft serve" consistency.  Transfer ice cream to a freezable container; cover surface of ice cream with plastic wrap and seal.  Freeze 2 hours or overnight before serving.  

No comments:

Post a Comment