Monday, December 24, 2012

Press Cookies

I'm enjoying my time back in MA, even though I miss BP in the worst way and can't wait to get back home and see him.  Today is a day we refer to as a marathon, not a sprint in our family.  It's full of baking and eating.  Making press cookies has become a Christmas tradition.  I remember being a kid and my parents making them and we would get to decorate them.  We used to make three kinds, but have narrowed it down to just one, our favorite Christmas Tree ones.  They never last long when we make them.  Usually half a sheet of them are gone minutes after they've come out of the oven. 

Over the years, we ended up going through a lot of cookie presses - a lot.  If you've ever made press cookies then you know very well what I'm about to say.  A lot of them aren't good.  You get a couple cookies in and then the top pops off and you have cookie dough every where.  Or you get half way through the tube and then it wont squeeze out any more cookies.  Another one is dough coming out the sides of the cap every time you squeeze dough out.  I can go on and on, but you can tell we have been through a lot of them and we finally found the perfect one.  Ween had gone to a Pampered Chef party and ordered a cookie press.  Turns out, this thing is amazing!! I highly suggest you get one if you love making press cookies.  I don't get paid for recommending things/promoting things - just think it's great when I find something great and pass it on to all of you.  I mean isn't that the whole point of a blog - to find great tips and products? 

 
Ween was in charge of the sprinkles
The best part about press cookies - the dough can be homemade or store bought.  If using store bought, let sit out until dough is at room temperature.  Then add food coloring if desired and place in tube and away you go.  Follow the directions for the cookies you are using, but the bake time will be quick since they are small.  Usually around 6-8 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment