Sunday, March 10, 2013

Snow storm, cookies and pudding

This past week was a roller coaster to say the least.  Still looking for a job, constantly searching, setting up interviews and endlessly hearing 'I'll call you on Friday and let you know'.  I even got a 'Either way you have a job here and I will call you tomorrow night'.  Needless to say it's been a little frustrating when they don't or when I call them they never return my call.  And wouldn't you know it, there was a snowstorm that was coming right in the middle of the week. 

Now, being from Massachusetts a little snow never bothered me.  But here in the DMV area, the mere mention of snow and things shut down - literally.  Schools get let out early and the government closes for the day.  So prepping for the snow, I went to BP's to whether the storm.  Now I'll admit it, Wednesday morning when we woke up, snow was coming down and the roads were not in the best conditions.  And everything was closed.  Everything.  So for us it was a day of movies and TV, and I made some Iced Pumpkin Cookies.  BP is a lover of anything pumpkin - and luckily he always has some canned pumpkin in his pantry.  Needless to say these cookies went over extremely well with him. 

Not the prettiest icing job but damn tasty
 Some of you have been with me from the beginning of this blog, and I've mentioned a couple times about how the easiest things (i.e. instant pudding and instant rice) give me the most trouble.  Give me the hardest recipe and I can make it with ease.  But if you give me something that's instant, I can't do it.  It never comes out right.  In fact, my sisters have banned me from ever making instant pudding ever again.  But I was really in the mood for pudding and had to make it on my own.  I mean how hard can adding 2 cups of cold milk to a packed of instant pudding and whisk for 2 minutes be???

Yep - it didn't set at all and it's runny - instant
pudding = FAIL
Apparently I still can't make instant pudding......it never set right and was runny and not thick like it should be.  Clearly the easiest things I still can't make, but I had to share with you guys.  It still makes me laugh that I can't make instant pudding.  Pudding from scratch, yes.  Pudding from a box, no.   

No comments:

Post a Comment