Not so much. Let's just say I will never forget this day. I had the chocolate broken into pieces already, but it needed to be chopped up, so I followed the recipe and did it in the food processor. Now, we have an old, tiny one, and it works great! So I took that little guy out and started working in batches. I was only on my second batch, and then all of the sudden, I smell it. Something gross, and a something is burning smell. I can feel the little guy is super hot, and then that's when I see it - smoke. Smoke coming out of the food processor!! I quickly unplug it and empty the chocolate into the mixing bowl. By now, the food processor is smoking - A LOT. I flipped it over to see if I could get at the inside of it and saw that it was pointless to even try - I just put it on the kitchen floor and let it smoke itself silly.
So now that I've almost burned my house down, I turn my attention back to baking. I throw the rest of the unchopped chocolate into a bowl - my green, warped one from the brown butter icing incident - and stick it in the microwave to melt it. HUGE MISTAKE! Apparently the bowl didn't want to go into the microwave and when I took it out, the part that had previously melted was plyable. :( Time to throw away my favorite bowl. (Don't worry, it didn't do anything to the chocolate) Luckily I have 2 more as back ups, but this one was the perfect size.
|the melted part|
|inside the bowl|
So now I'm down 2 kitchen items, and all I can do is hope that this thing doesn't explode inside my oven. I fill up the springform pan with the batter.....
|the batter was very tasty|
Flourless Chocolate Cake