Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rolo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

The same day I found the S'mores Cookie, I found this gem - Rolo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies (really, check out My Baking Addiction - Jamie is amazing!)  Cookies with a Rolo inside of them!?  Printed it out and couldn't wait to make this!  I also called my dad to tell him about the new cookie I found.  His first words out of his mouth when I told him I found something new to bake was "Oh God.  What is it now?"  I replied "You are going to love me for this one - its a chocolate chip cookie with a Rolo stuffed inside of it".  And then my dad got all quiet and did his excited "OOOOOHHHH" remark that makes me laugh.  He was excited for it - I get my love of Rolos from him so I knew this was a no brainer to make. 

I froze the Rolos overnight and finally got going on my dough.  Then comes the fun part - scooping out the dough and rolling the Rolos into the middle of the dough.

a doughy pillow
of goodness
Then once, all rolled into large balls, I stuck the in the freezer to firm up before baking.

guess what?!  theres
a rolo in there! :)
Then bake away - 11 minutes later you get this

hello deliciousness
Once all cooled, of course I had to eat one - had to try it out.

gooey caramel
in the middle
SOO good.  My dad was a fan (shocking I know).  These are great to make ahead of time and just leave in the freezer until you're ready to bake them off.

No comments:

Post a Comment