Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Frozen Chocolate Pie

It's been so hot and humid here that I was totally in the mood for one of my favorite frozen desserts!  And I am in the process of recruiting new taste testers (my family has sadly had enough of this position - and I have to say that I can't believe it took them this long for it to happen) so I had one ready and waiting for this amazing dessert. 

After my giant fiasco on Easter, I thought this would be a great thing to make - I mean what else could happen right?!  I decided to improve upon this pie with certain, and am truly pleased with how it turned out.  I'm still working on making this one perfect, but I will post this version of the recipe for those of you looking for a quick, easy treat that anyone can make. 

So it's pretty simple, and even those who "can't bake" can pull this one off.  First I mix together cream cheese and some hot chocolate mix

chocolate cream cheese!
Then after that is smooth and well mixed, I mix up the pudding.

mmmm...pudding
This is as hard as it gets - see what I mean that anyone can do this?!  So once those are both ready, I add the pudding to the chocolate cream cheese mixture.  Once those are well combined, I break out the Cool Whip and fold that in.  Towards the end I will add some chopped up Oreos and mix until well mixed in.

yummies
You have an option of what you want to use for pie crusts.  You can make your own or buy the premade ones.  I like the Oreo premade one - and that's what I used here.  Pour that bad boy into the pie tin and smooth out.  Then you have your choice of how you want to decorate it.  I made two pies.....one for my volunteer taste tester

pretty
....and then the one for me I was running out of the awesome Fudge Covered Oreos and just chopped them all up and went for broke

not so pretty - but
damn tasty

So there you go people!  This pie is versatile and can go in either the fridge or the freezer - but it's way better in the freezer.  I also have a Frozen Lemonade Pie version that I will make and post at some point.  But for now, here's the Chocolate recipe.

Chocolate Frozen Pie

1 8 oz package of cream cheese
1 packet of hot chocolate mix
1 3 oz package of chocolate pudding
1 8 oz container of chocolate cool whip (thawed)
1 1/4 cup cold milk
15 Oreos (chopped)
1 chocolate cookie pie crust

In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and hot chocolate mix until smooth.  In another bowl, mix the milk and pudding together for about 2 minutes; it will be thick.  Add pudding into cream cheese mixture.  Add 1/3 of the cool whip into the mixture and fold.  Gently fold in the rest and add the chopped Oreos.  Pour into pie crust and smooth out top.  Garnish with Oreos.

Stick either in fridge or freezer.  If you are freezing it, let sit a little before cutting it. 

My volunteer taste tester was so excited for this!  Her words were "A-freaking-mazing!"

No comments:

Post a Comment