Monday, May 9, 2011

Cookie Dough Truffles

I have a true addiction to Cookie Dough.  This is a well known fact about me.  So randomly one day I was watching the Food Network and Paula Deen  was on.  I love Paula - highly entertaining...I would love to meet her in person - she seems like so much fun.  So here I am watching the show and it said that she was going to make Cookie Dough Truffles! I freaked out.  I watched her make them and then immediately went online and printed the recipe out.  Of course I made them that day too.  And so my addiction of these treats began.  It's been over a year since the first time I made them, and it's come to the point where I try not to make them all the time because they truly are that addicting.  Even if you aren't a fan of cookie dough you will be after you try these.  I hadn't made them since the summer and was getting together for a ladies day out with some friends for lunch and shopping and I said I would bring treats - and why not these?!  They are so easy and make a lot. 

This is the best no bake recipe ever.  The batter comes together within minutes and it's really just a lot of time for the dough to chill and set up.  Once the dough is ready.....

looks like normal cookie dough
.....comes the fun part of rolling it out into little balls.  The recipe calls for them to be shaped into 1 inch balls.  I found that they are huge when you make them that size.  So I make them into smaller balls - and it gives you a higher count as well.  But feel free to make them the size you want.  But just a tip - wear an apron - you will get flour all over you!  The dough is extremely sticky and flour is your best friend.  Once rolled, away into the fridge they go to chill for 2 hours.

look at all of them!!
Now comes the fun part....dipping them in chocolate.  You can use any kind of chocolate you want.  Personally, I love the dark chocolate candy coating that you can find at craft stores.  Melt it away and dip.  Make sure you get a good coating.  Sometimes if you miss spots the cookie dough will peek out, but honestly who cares right?  Once all dipped, back into the fridge they go. 

oh yeah
The next day I met up with my friends, and I had bags ready for all of them.  And Ween was meeting up with one of her friends and I made her a bag as well.  Needless to say they were all happy campers.  I warned them that they were addicting.  And Heays brought the rest into where she works and they ate them up within minutes. 

Cookie Dough Truffles

1/2 cup butter, room temp
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all purpose flour
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
1 1/2 pounds chocolate bark candy coating, melted

In a large bowl cream butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer at medium speed until creamy.  Add vanilla.  Gradually beat in flour and add condensed milk.  Add chocolate chips (regular size chips work - I use them all the time).  Shape into balls and place on waxed paper or parchment paper.  Chill for 2 hours.  *****DONT FORGET TO USE FLOUR!!*******

Melt chocolate bark candy coating.  Using 2 forks, dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover.  Place back on waxed paper and chill to set.  Store in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment