Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

It's no secret that I love my ice cream machine.  Izzy is the best, I get excited to use him every time I take him out.  After my first round of making ice cream, one of my friends had said she has an amazing, easy recipe for Mint Chocolate Chip.  I asked her to send it to me - and I'm so happy she did.  Ween is a fan of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream, so I knew I was going to make it.  This recipe is so easy.  Like put everything in a bowl, mix it together and then pour it into the ice cream machine easy.  I'm a huge fan of those.  Excitedly I measured everything out, threw it all in a bowl and mixed.  I got Izzy ready to go, poured the mixture into him and turned him on.  20 minutes later I checked on things and the ice cream was nice and thick.  I added the chocolate chips and let it churn for 5 more minutes.  I had ice cream.  And it was amazing. 

I poured it into a container and let it freeze.  Ween and I had some for dessert last night.  She is a huge fan of this.  I wished I churned it a little bit longer so it was a little bit thicker, but it was amazing.  And the best part is that I was told that this is a great base recipe.  Switch out the extract to vanilla and add whatever you want, like strawberries or coconut, go wild.  You also might have to adjust the amount of peppermint extract depending on the brand you use.  I used McCormack and 2 tsp was perfect. 

a small bowl of deliciousness

Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

2 cups light cream
1 cup milk
3/4 cup sugar
green food coloring (optional)
2 tsp peppermint extract
chocolate chips - mini or regular size

Mix all of the ingredients (minus the chips) in a bowl.  Once combined, pour the mixture into the ice cream machine.  Churn until you have gotten a good consistency and add the chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment