Thursday, January 19, 2012

S'mores Truffles

I got really excited when I saw this on My Baking Addiction.  Jaime is a genius and I love seeing what she makes.  When she posted the recipe for S'mores Truffles, I knew I had to make them.  I had to stock up on a couple of supplies, but made some mental notes of what I wanted to change in the recipe.  And of course I doubled the recipe.  Let's face it, I love making truffles, and ones with a mini marshmallow in the middle of it - made me a little mad I didn't think of this first.  If you haven't made truffles before, don't be scared.  They are extremely easy.  The time consuming part is waiting for them to set.  The best part about truffles is that they don't have to look pretty or be perfect.  Taste is what matters with these bad boys. 

I got going on making the truffles and then came the long time of waiting.  It seemed to be going by so slowly.  And then it was time - time to scoop, stuff with a mini marshmallow and roll into a ball and coat in graham cracker crumbs.  I always find this part relaxing for me.  Once I get into a zone I fly through them, and usually sing a song or two in my head while I pass the time.  All rolled, time to chill a little bit before time to eat.  My sisters were waiting patiently (kind of) to try one out. 

so worth the wait
The time had finally come to try one.  Amazing is all I have to say.  The graham cracker coating makes it not too sweet, then you get the rich chocolate truffle, and then a mini marshmallow surprises you in the middle.  The perfect bite.  There is booze in this recipe, if you are making these for kids the alcohol is easily taken out and won't effect the recipe at all.  It's up to you if you want to make them for grown ups only or for everyone.  Either way, these are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment