Thursday, June 14, 2012

Frozen Lemonade Pie

It has been hot and humid where I live, and when it gets like this, sometimes the last thing I want to do is bake.  I live in a second floor apartment and the heat just seems to stay inside my apartment, no matter how many fans we have on and windows we have open. I was invited to a girls night dinner and of course I was in charge of dessert - this was the first thing that came to mind.  And on the bonus side of things - no baking, takes under 5 minutes to make and is delicious.  This is one of the few times I will buy a pre-made crust, just for the sheer ease of this dessert. 

yum
I promise you that everyone will like this.  I based the Frozen Chocolate Pie off of this recipe, so if you're not into Lemonade too much, go with the chocolate one.  Everyone will love these.  Great summer treats for all. 

Frozen Lemonade Pie
makes one 9" pie

1 Graham Cracker or Nilla Wafer Crust
(1) 8 oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
1 packet of lemonade mix - ie. crystal light or country time. 
(1) 3 oz pkg instant vanilla pudding
(1) 8 oz container Cool Whip, thawed
1 1/4 cup cold milk
15 lemon sandwich cookies, crushed, plus more for topping

  1. In a medium size bowl, beat cream cheese and lemonade mix until smooth.  In a small bowl, beat the milk and pudding together for 2 minutes, it will be thick.  Add milk/pudding mixture into cream cheese mixture and mix until combined.  
  2. Fold in 1/3 of Cool Whip into mixture, then add the remaining Cool Whip.  Add crushed sandwich cookies and mix well. 
  3. Pour into cookie crust and spread evenly.  Top with more crushed cookies, or whole cookies, or leave plain.  Freeze, until firm, about 4 hours.  Let sit 10-15 minutes before serving.   

No comments:

Post a Comment