I vowed not to eat any Rolo's during the making of these cookies, and I have to say I only ate 1 - no lie. The "extras" are currently in my freezer, slowly being snacked on by me. I couldn't wait to hand these out to people.
Rolo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
makes about 2 dozen
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
3 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
2 cups flour (I actually found them to be really soft - may need to add 1/4 cup - 1/2 cup more)
3/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 bag Rolos', unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpats.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, milk and vanilla extract until blended, about 1 minute. Add egg and beat until incorporated.
- Whisk baking sod, flour and salt together in a medium bowl and then add to wet ingredients; mix until blended.
- Scoop 2 tbsp sized balls of dough. Place a Rolo in the center of each and roll so that the Rolo is in the center of the dough and doesn't show. Place 2" apart on prepared baking sheets. Use a fork to make crisscross patterns on each cookie (dip the fork in water so it wont stick to the dough)
- Bake 8-9 minutes until just set. Bottoms will slightly brown and centers may still look a little under baked. Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.