Monday, June 25, 2012

Rolo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies

I love when my friends post things I should make on my personal facebook page.  I get really excited about it.  And somehow, within the span of a week, I had 5 different suggestions from friends.  I really needed to get to making some of them.  I have a lot of fans that love peanut butter, so I knew these cookies would do well with them.  Plus, it had my favorite Rolo's in them - how bad could they really be?!  Nothing with a Rolo in it is ever disappointing in my book.  And bonus - Rolo's were on sale when I bought them - it's always good to have extra on hand, even though those "extra" ones usually end up getting eaten.  It's a weakness, I know.  I try not to keep "extras" on hand for this very reason alone. 

I vowed not to eat any Rolo's during the making of these cookies, and I have to say I only ate 1 - no lie.  The "extras" are currently in my freezer, slowly being snacked on by me.  I couldn't wait to hand these out to people.

hello goodness
Turns out - everyone loved them.  A soft Peanut Butter Cookie with a Rolo nestled in the middle - who wouldn't?!  Everyone couldn't stop talking about how great they are! A must make if you ask me. 

Rolo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
makes about 2 dozen

1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3/4 cup peanut butter
1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
3 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1 egg
2 cups flour (I actually found them to be really soft - may need to add 1/4 cup - 1/2 cup more)
3/4 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
1 bag Rolos', unwrapped


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpats.
  2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, mix butter, peanut butter,  brown sugar, milk and vanilla extract until blended, about 1 minute.  Add egg and beat until incorporated.
  3. Whisk baking sod, flour and salt together in a medium bowl and then add to wet ingredients; mix until blended.
  4. Scoop 2 tbsp sized balls of dough.  Place a Rolo in the center of each and roll so that the Rolo is in the center of the dough and doesn't show.  Place 2" apart on prepared baking sheets.  Use a fork to make crisscross patterns on each cookie (dip the fork in water so it wont stick to the dough)
  5. Bake 8-9 minutes until just set.  Bottoms will slightly brown and centers may still look a little under baked.  Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment