Thursday, July 26, 2012

Oreo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies

These are as delicious as they sound.  An Oreo in the middle of a peanut butter cookie.  I want to thank my friend who posted this recipe for me to make on my Facebook page - I don't know where you found this one but it's amazing.  I had went to my local BJ's and stocked up on Oreo's and Peanut Butter Cups for my baking - it really is amazing to buy stuff in bulk, but on the negative side it takes up a lot of space since it's such a huge amount.  Armed with a giant box of Oreo's, I was ready to make these cookies.  Let's just say my first batch I didn't measure the dough exact enough - I used a heaping tablespoon and not an exact tablespoon.  The end result was these giant saucer like cookies.  Don't get me wrong, they tasted amazing, just kind of looked like a sombrero.  Needless to say I kept those cookies for my sisters and I to eat. 

From the first batch - the cookies in the background
is what they should really look like
With the Sombrero cookies in our penguin cookie jar, the good ones went out to taste testers - even if they were starting to fall apart a little because the cookies are extremely soft.  No one seemed to mind - they were eaten quickly. 

This is a great cookie to make with your older kids - squishing the dough around the Oreo is fun. 

Oreo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
makes 30-36 cookies

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cups peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2 eggs
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 package Oreo cookies

  1. In a large bowl cream together the butter, peanut butter and both sugars until smooth.  Add eggs one at a time, mixing until each one is fully mixed in. 
  2. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda.  Slowly stir in flour mixture 1/3 at a time until completely incorporated.  Refrigerate dough for 1 hour. 
  3. Preheat oven to 375.  Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silicone mats.
  4. Place 1 tablespoon of dough on top of Oreo.  Place a second tablespoon of dough underneath cookie.  You want the dough portions to be equal on both side.  Gently press the dough down around the Oreo, dealing the cookie dough edges together so that no Oreo shows through.  Place on prepared cookie sheets, leaving 1 1/2" between each cookie.
  5. Bake 8-11 minutes, or until cookies have just started to brown around the edges.  Don't over bake!!!  Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment