|From the first batch - the cookies in the background|
is what they should really look like
This is a great cookie to make with your older kids - squishing the dough around the Oreo is fun.
Oreo Stuffed Peanut Butter Cookies
makes 30-36 cookies
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
1 1/4 cups peanut butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
3 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 package Oreo cookies
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, peanut butter and both sugars until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing until each one is fully mixed in.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Slowly stir in flour mixture 1/3 at a time until completely incorporated. Refrigerate dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silicone mats.
- Place 1 tablespoon of dough on top of Oreo. Place a second tablespoon of dough underneath cookie. You want the dough portions to be equal on both side. Gently press the dough down around the Oreo, dealing the cookie dough edges together so that no Oreo shows through. Place on prepared cookie sheets, leaving 1 1/2" between each cookie.
- Bake 8-11 minutes, or until cookies have just started to brown around the edges. Don't over bake!!! Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.