|these were still a little warm - someone couldn't|
wait to try one out :)
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Brownies
makes a 9x13" pan or (2) 8x8" pans
1 box of brownie mix or your favorite from scratch recipe
(1) 8 oz. package cream cheese, room temperature
(1) 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups chopped Peanut Butter Cups (I used mini cups)
(1) 12 oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
3 tbsp heavy cream or whipping cream
2 cups chopped Peanut Butter Cups (again I used mini cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray pan(s) with cooking spray.
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package/recipe. Spread the batter in the pan and set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add condensed milk and peanut butter and beat until smooth. Stir in chopped peanut butter cups. Pour mixture over the brownie batter and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until cheesecake layer is set and edges are golden brown. Cool for 30 minutes on a wire rack and then in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Make topping: In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and whipping cream for 1 minute, or until chips are melted. Stir until smooth and spread over cheesecake layer. Sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups over the chocolate layer. Store covered in the fridge.