Thursday, July 12, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Brownies

I've never been a fan of cheesecake, no matter how many different versions of it I try.  It's just not my thing, but it doesn't stop me from making it when the occasion arises.  My family loves cheesecake, and add in some peanut butter cups and brownies to it, I think you get the picture of what this treat is shaping up to be.  Let's just skip forward to what it is layer by layer.  Brownie, cheesecake with chopped peanut butter cups and then a chocolate ganache layer with more chopped peanut butter cups sprinkled on top.  Got your attention?  Sounds really rich and decadent right?  It is.  Well, at least that's what I was told.  I didn't try these, but all my taste testers said these were amazing. 

these were still a little warm - someone couldn't
wait to try one out :)
If you're thinking these look too hard, don't - easy all the way.  Impressive and tasty treats that are easy should be any one's best friend and a staple in your baking catalogue.  Here's an idea of how good they are: one of my taste testers saw what I was bringing them, hid them from his co-workers and was going to try to eat them all on his own.  They are super rich so he ended up sharing them after all. 

Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Brownies
makes a 9x13" pan or (2) 8x8" pans


1 box of brownie mix or your favorite from scratch recipe
(1) 8 oz. package cream cheese, room temperature
(1) 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1 1/2 cups chopped Peanut Butter Cups (I used mini cups)
(1) 12 oz bag semisweet chocolate chips
3 tbsp heavy cream or whipping cream
2 cups chopped Peanut Butter Cups (again I used mini cups)
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray pan(s) with cooking spray. 
  2. Prepare the brownie mix according to package/recipe.  Spread the batter in the pan and set aside.  In a large bowl, beat cream cheese on medium-high speed until fluffy, about 2 minutes.  Add condensed milk and peanut butter and beat until smooth.  Stir in chopped peanut butter cups.  Pour mixture over the brownie batter and spread evenly.
  3. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until cheesecake layer is set and edges are golden brown.  Cool for 30 minutes on a wire rack and then in fridge for 30 minutes. 
  4. Make topping: In a small microwaveable bowl, microwave the chocolate chips and whipping cream for 1 minute, or until chips are melted.  Stir until smooth and spread over cheesecake layer.  Sprinkle chopped peanut butter cups over the chocolate layer.  Store covered in the fridge.  

No comments:

Post a Comment