Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies

I'm all for not turning on my oven unless I need to - especially in the hot summer months.  And these cookies are so quick and easy you are done from start to finish in 5 minutes - but then you have to wait for them to set, which is the longest part of this recipe.  This was a great, quick distraction for me in a break from packing and I was back to packing before I knew it.  I have to say, for these to be that easy I wasn't expecting a lot from them.....they are so tasty.  I will absolutely be making these again and again and again.  If you have 5 minutes to spare, you can make these cookies. 

put them in the fridge to set quicker if it's really hot out

Peanut Butter No Bake Cookies
makes about 30-40 cookies

2 cups sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 stick of butter
pinch of salt
1/2 cup milk
1 cup peanut butter
1 tbsp vanilla extract
3 cups oatmeal

In a heavy saucepan bring to a boil sugar, cocoa, butter and milk.  Let boil for 1 minute.  Add peanut butter, salt, vanilla and oatmeal.  Remove from heat and stir until combined.  On a sheet of waxed paper or parchment paper, drop mixture by teaspoons.  Let cool and harden.  

No comments:

Post a Comment