Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Whiskey Balls

I'm in the land of packing boxes, getting rid of things I don't need or use anymore, and somehow trying to fit everything I own into my car.  Needless to say my ulcer has flared up from all the stress I'm under.  My last treat delivery and I wanted to go out with a bang - leave on a good note with something they would love and remember.  And it had to be something that was quick and easy, especially since I didn't trust using my oven. 

Lately things that are quick and easy seem to be making their way to the top of my list.  And lets face it, another no bake recipe is exactly that.  Plus this one has Whiskey in it - and they are delicious.  You can omit the alcohol and switch it out for apple juice, milk, or even chocolate milk.  So if you don't feel like turning on your oven because it's too hot out or you just need a quick treat, look no further.  These will please everyone. 

Whiskey Balls everywhere!!
Whiskey Balls

1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
2 cups Nilla wafers, crushed into crumbs (this turns out to be 3/4 of an 11 oz box)
1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
pinch of salt
1/3 cup whiskey (see above for suggestions for non-alcoholic version)
1/4 cup light corn syrup

In a microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips 30 seconds at a time until chips are mostly melted.  Stir until smooth.  In a large bowl combine wafer crumbs, confectioners sugar, salt and cocoa powder.  Add melted chocolate, whiskey and corn syrup.  Mix until well blended - dough should be firm.  Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.

Shape into small balls and roll in confectioner's sugar.  Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or in an airtight container.    

No comments:

Post a Comment