Thursday, August 9, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm a fan of chocolate chip cookies, they will always be one of my favorites. When I saw these I knew I had to try them out.  I mean I do have that giant bag of Mini Peanut Butter Cups that I bought from BJ's in my freezer just waiting to be used.  The time was now - these were going to be amazing.  

Surprise!! There's a peanut butter
cup in the middle!
Who knew that these wouldn't do it for me.  I mean they are great cookies, but I guess I'm just a chocolate chip cookie lover at heart - just plain cookie.  I think I remember feeling this way about the Rolo Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies - that I liked them but they just didn't really do it for me. 

I happily handed these out to people and they were all excited for them.  I left a good amount at home for my sisters to eat - they are trying to get their fill of my baked goods before I move.  Heay's had the best quote about these: "These are perfect.  They are what dreams are made of."

Peanut Butter Cup Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
makes about 40 cookies

1 1/2 cups butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
40 mini Peanut Butter Cups, frozen

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silicone baking mats.  In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. 
  2. In a large bowl cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.  Add vanilla and eggs and mix until combined.  Slowly add in flour mixture and mix until combined.  Add in chocolate chips. 
  3. Keep a bowl of water to dip your hands in next to you so the dough doesn't stick while forming dough balls.  Using a soup spoon or cookie scoop, scoop out dough and place a frozen cup in the center.  Cover cup with dough - make sure that there is any of the cup showing.  Place dough ball on prepared sheet, spacing balls 3" apart.  Freeze each tray for 15 minutes. 
  4. Bake 15-20 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are golden brown.  Let cool on pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.  

No comments:

Post a Comment