Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Back in the kitchen!

Almost a month without baking!! Or being in the kitchen making anything at all!  Too long if you ask me.  Yesterday I happily returned to the kitchen in full force and got my bake on! I was a little rusty but it was so good to be back doing what I love.  And so happy that I'm somewhat ambidextrous because I'm still having issues with my right hand.  So I thought I would take it easy and make something everyone loves, chocolate chip cookies.  My go to recipe for this has been and always will be on the back of my Nestle Chocolate Chips - the recipe never fails :) 

I was at my parents house all day, helping my dad out who is recovering from getting both of his knees replaced, and my mom had left me the stand mixer out.  Thank you whoever invented the stand mixer at KitchenAid - I truly do love you.  I wouldn't be able to bake without it, and quite frankly, I don't know how I lived without it before I got one.  I will never use a handheld mixer again, and not just because I can't hold it in my hand because of my injury.  If you have been on the fence about investing in one, I highly suggest it.  It's totally worth the money - and now with all the attachments that they make for it the machine is even better!

I get going on the dough and am happy to be baking again.  And soon will come my favorite part, to add the chocolate chips - so I can snack on the dough of course while I bake :)

can't resist trying a bite or two :)
I get out the cookie scoop (another great invention) and scoop them out onto the pan lined with my Silpats (which is SOOO worth the $20 a sheet)

ready to go into the oven

About 10 minutes later, I've got delicious cookies waiting for me!  Now, not all of them turned out great, I'm a little rusty and my mom got new pans that I hadn't baked on before, so some of the cookies turned out extra crispy, but still good.

YUMMIES!
It was a good day - so happy to be back and doing what I love.  I even made dinner last night too (post will be coming soon).  I can't wait to start making things again - on my list of things to tackle is to master bread making and the truffle brownies I had messed up before (especially since I got a request for them for someones birthday) and some gluten free recipes for some friends of mine that made requests for some good gluten free items.

So happy to be back in action! And if there is something you would like to see on here, please let me know! I love trying out new recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment