Monday, July 18, 2011

Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies

I had an extra bag of Heath Bar chips laying around (I wasn't sure how much the cupcakes would of needed so I bought 2 bags just to be safe) and I was thinking what could I do with them?  Why not make some cookies.  Quick and easy, everyone loves cookies.  My Dad is a giant cookie fan, and he loves toffee so this was a no brainer.  And I could eat a little cookie dough as I was making cookies :) 


i <3 cookie dough

I was debating with myself whether I should have just all toffee chips or toffee chips and chocolate chips.  I ended up with using both chips.  They turned out really good with both.  I scooped them out and into the oven they went.  Soon I had cooling trays full of cookies. 

mmm...cookie
Once they were mostly cooled, I packed some up and went to my parents house to sit by the pool.  My dad was so excited.  Needless to say the cookies didn't last long.  I had also brought him some of the Heath Bar Cupcakes - so he was extremely happy. 

Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 sticks butter, room temp
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup Heath Bar toffee chips

  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpats. In a bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.  Set aside. 
  2. In a large bowl, cream together butter and both sugars until light and fluffy.  Add eggs and vanilla extract.  Slowly add dry ingredients until combined.  Add both chips and stir until combined.
  3. Scoop out 2" of dough onto prepared cookie sheets.  Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, 9-11 minutes, or until cookie is golden brown.  Transfer to wire racks to cool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment