Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Cinnamon Raisin Bread x2

It's hot and humid here, and when I woke up yesterday one of the first thoughts I had was 'It's perfect weather for breadmaking'.  Last time I made bread it didn't turn out so great.  It didn't proof right, well one loaf did and the other didn't.  Not exactly sure where I went wrong with it.  So I was in the mood to make bread and it was going to work this time.  I get to work making it and start to wait for it to work it's magic and rise.  I go through all the steps and get to the last one where you put it in the loaf pans to rise one more time before you bake it.  And wouldn't you know it that it happened again - one loaf raised (a little - not like it should of) and the other just stayed the same.  FAIL. 

Frustrated, I threw them all away.  I didn't want to look at bread for a while, let alone think about it.  But it was eating away at me.  And while I was getting dinner ready, I decided that once dinner was in the oven, I was going to make bread - and it was going to be amazing.  I was going to show yeast, yet again, who was boss.  And I won :)  I was extremely happy when the dough had proofed really well on the first round - better than it had in my earlier batch.  I knew there wouldn't be any issues this time.  I happily let it keep proofing while my sisters and I watched some tv.  Once I put the bread into the oven, they kept saying that it smelled so good and that they wanted a piece of it.  And this was coming from Ween, she doesn't eat cinnamon raisin bread.  Once they were done, I took them out to cool.  I was so happy.  They baked up nicely, a little too dark - I really need to get my oven checked.

so pretty
I went to bed happy that they turned out so well, and excited for the morning so I could eat a piece for breakfast.  When I got up, I came into the kitchen and cut into one of these bad boys.

delicious
I popped 2 pieces into the toaster and made some coffee.....and it was amazing.  I love any bread, english muffin, any morning thing that has cinnamon and raisins in it.  And now that I feel like I have mastered this I will be making it all the time.  And I really need to get our oven checked out by our landlord.  It doesn't act up all the time, but it's starting to go.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment