|I couldn't wait to try one!|
|not ginormous this time|
|still a good size cookie :)|
These are easy to make, so don't be scared off by them. I promise you, when I say something is easy - it's easy. If it's hard or there are a ton of steps to it, I tend not to post the recipe for it since I know most of you wont try it out. I suggest making these - and you will want to make them again and again. It will become a staple in your cookie recipes.
Makes about 2 1/2 dozen
1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups sugar, plus more for flattening cookies
10 tbsp (1 1/4 sticks) butter, room temperature
1 large egg, room temperature
Vanilla Cream Filling
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpats. In a bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream sugar butter until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add egg; beat to combine. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture; continue beating until dough is well combined.
- Using a 1 1/4" cookie scoop, drop dough onto prepared baking sheets about 2" apart. Dip bottom of a glass in sugar; press to flatten cookies to about 1/8" thick. (You may need to carefully remove dough from glass with a thin metal spatula).
- Bake cookies until edges are firm, 10-12 minutes, rotating sheets halfway through. Transfer to cooling racks to cool completely.
- Place cream filling in a pastry bag and pipe 1 tbsp of filling onto the flat side of half the cookies. Place remaining cookies on top, and gently press on each to squeeze filling to edges.
Vanilla Cream Filling:
1 stick butter, room temperature
1/2 cup shortening
3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
With an electric mixer, cream butter and shortening until well combined. On low speed, gradually add confectioners sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add vanilla and beat to combine.