|deliciousness on all levels|
Peanut Butter Filled Chocolate Cookies
makes about 30 cookies
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup peanut butter
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup sifted confectioner's sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpats. In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder and baking soda; set aside. In a large mixing bowl beat butter, sugar, brown sugar and 1/4 cup peanut butter with electric mixer on medium-high speed until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in egg, milk and vanilla until combined. Beat in flour mixture and mix until combined. Shape dough into 1 1/4" balls; set aside.
- For peanut butter filling, in a medium bowl stir together powdered sugar and the 1/2 cup peanut butter until smooth. Shape mixture into 3/4" balls.
- On a work surface, slightly flatten each chocolate dough ball and top with a peanut butter ball. Shape the chocolate dough over the peanut butter filling. Roll dough into balls.
- Place balls on baking sheets and lightly flatten each cookie with hand or bottom of a glass.
- Bake for 8 minutes, or until just set and surface is slightly cracked. Cool on cookie sheet 1 minute and then transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.