|festive and delicious|
|balls ready to chill|
makes 4 dozen
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) butter, cut into pieces
6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
3 large eggs
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp Baileys, Kahlua or rum
coarse sanding sugar for rolling
Pam cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 12"x17" rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a small heatproof bowl set over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally.
- Whisk together eggs, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in a large bowl. Stir in chocolate mixture, then fold in flour. Pour batter into prepared baking sheet. Spread evenly with a rubber spatula. Bake until top is shiny and a cake tester inserted into center comes out with some crumbs attached, about 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Break up brownie into small pieces; transfer to the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. With machine on low, pour in the alcohol and mix until crumbs start to come together to form a ball.
- Shape into 1" balls and roll in sanding sugar to coat. Transfer to a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper; refrigerate, uncovered, until cold, about 2 hours. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Balls can be refrigerated in an airtight container up to 1 week.