Monday, December 26, 2011

Mint Hot Chocolate

I love Hot Chocolate, always have and always will.  To be more specific, I'm a fan of Hot Chocolate with a ton of marshmallows floating on the top.  I can remember being a kid and sitting at the kitchen counter with my Kermit The Frog mug full of hot chocolate and asking for more marshmallows.  When I buy a Hot Chocolate mix, it's always with marshmallows in it if it's available.  A couple of years ago my Mom found this recipe and we have been hooked ever since.  I share it with everyone since it's so easy and delicious.  I warn you now that you will become addicted and soon no other Hot Chocolate will work for you.  The only thing that could make this more perfect for me would be if I still had that Kermit The Frog mug to drink it from.  Whether you have kids or not, this will quickly become a favorite of yours.  I hope you enjoy it. 

3 large cups of the best
hot chocolate ever
Mint Hot Chocolate
makes 6 regular size cups

12 York Peppermint Patties, unwrapped
2 cups Half and Half
2 cups Milk
pinch of salt

In a medium saucepan, put all 12 peppermint patties and 1 cup of Half and Half; heat over medium heat.  Stir until smooth and all of the peppermint patties have melted.  Add the remaining Half and Half, milk and salt.  Stir and heat until slightly bubbling.  Pour into mugs and top with favorite toppings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment