Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Vanilla-Peppermint Cupcakes

I was on the hunt for a fun, festive cupcake.  I was impressed when I found this one and printed it out immediately.  It comes from Sprinkles Cupcakes so I knew it was going to be good.  I mean a Vanilla-Peppermint Cupcake sounds light and minty.  That's exactly what it is.  A fluffy vanilla peppermint cupcake with a peppermint frosting.  The peppermint doesn't overpower at all, it's a nice balance between the two.  And it gave me a chance to use up some of the peppermint candy bits I had (and still have, I bought 2 bags, a little goes a long way with them). 

I baked them off, let them cool and frosted away.  Topped them off with the candy bits and was good to go. 

festive wrappers too!
Once they were all frosted, I stuck fun holiday toppers in each one (we all know that I can't really decorate).  I can't wait to bring them to my taste testers today.  Heays came home at lunch yesterday and got to bring some back to her coworkers and everyone loved them.  I finally had one last night.  I must say, this cake is pretty damn good.  It's super soft and fluffy and tastes amazing.  The frosting is the perfect mix of peppermint and sweetness.  I will absolutely be making these again.

No comments:

Post a Comment