Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Egg Nog Cupcakes

My search for an Egg Nog quick bread was going badly, and then I finally found this recipe.  I knew that this would be a winner.  And is it ever.  Soft, fluffy and full of deliciousness.  It is meant to be a loaf or mini loaves, but I figured why not put it into a cupcake?  Just a smaller version - quicker time in the oven, but still turned out amazing.  And it's a quick bread recipe - that means it's so easy.  I mean who doesn't love a good quick bread?

I have a feeling I will be making these again.  I dropped some off to my taste testers and one always dives right in to what I bring her.  I have to say, I do love seeing her try things, her facial expressions are the best.  Needless to say she was a fan of these.  I also left one for each of my sisters to try.  Heays was an instant fan.  Ween agreed - I was told by both of them that these should make a repeat appearance.  You can make these as cupcakes, a loaf or mini loaves.  If you do the loaf/loaves, make sure to grease the pan(s) and bake for 20-25 minutes. 

deliciousness
Egg Nog Cupcakes
makes 24

2 eggs
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 3/4 cups egg nog
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp rum extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
(1) 3.4 oz package instant french vanilla or vanilla pudding
Glaze:
1 cup confectioners sugar
1-2 tbsp egg nog
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line cupcake tins with paper liners.  In a medium bowl sift together flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; set aside.  In a large bowl, with an electric mixer beat the eggs.  Add sugar, egg nog, butter, rum and vanilla extracts.  Add the flour mixture and mix well.  
  2. Add the instant pudding and mix well.  Fill each cupcake 2/3 full.  Bake for 15-18 minutes or until tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.  Cool in pans for 10 minutes, then remove and cool completely on wire racks.  
  3. Make glaze to desired consistency - you're looking for a pourable consistency.  Drizzle over tops of each cupcake.  Let glaze set before you store them in containers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment