Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mini Woopie Pies

Still taking it easy in the baking department, I was looking through my recipes deciding which ones I can do and which ones I can't and came across my family recipe of Woopie Pies.  I love these things.  Growing up on them has lead me to be a Woopie Pie snob, and every time I try one from some place I'm always let down.....either the cake part doesn't taste right or the filling is just gross.  So I have learned to just make my own every time I'm in the mood for them since no other one will live up to my standards of what one should be.  And yesterday I had the bright idea of making them into mini pies instead of the giant ones they usually make.  I thought it was a genius idea.  And I must say, they turned out so freaking cute.  The thing I love most about these is that they are super simple to make.  It came together quickly and before I knew it, it was time to scoop them out.  But what to scoop them out with?!  My cookie scoop is what I use to make them the normal size, so I needed something smaller.......and then I found it.....my yeast scoop!!  It was the perfect size! (It's 2 1/4 tsp for those of you that don't have loose yeast in a jar).   I scooped away.........


seriously..how cute?!
......and baked them off. 

mini chocolate discs
Once all cooled, time for the filling.  Then comes the fun part of putting them together.  For some reason my oven is acting up again, so some were perfect and some were falling apart on me. **Mental Note - Must talk to my landlord before they leave for the South again this winter. **  Once all put together, time to hand them out! :)



one of the pretty ones :)
the ugly ones didn't leave my house
I was happy to be handing out treats again - love getting my feedback from my taste testers :)  And this is one of those times that I won't post a recipe....there are some recipes from my family that I won't share - and this is one of them.  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment