|delicious glazed goodness|
|clearly I didn't go to the edges|
|all cut up and ready to twist|
|fresh out of the oven|
These are great for breakfast, or for a snack at any time :) But make sure you set aside a good part of your day to make these - it does take a lot of time, but totally worth it.
1 package active dry yeast
3/4 cup warm water, divided
4-4 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsps salt
1/2 cup warm milk
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
4 tsps cinnamon
3 cups confectioners sugar
5-6 tbsps milk
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 1/4 cup warm water. Let yeast activate. Add 2 cups flour, sugar, salt, milk, butter, egg, and remaining water. Beat on medium speed for minutes. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch down dough. Roll into a 16"x12" rectangle. Brush with butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over butter. Let dough rest for 6 minutes. Cut lengthwise into three 16"x4" strips. Cut each strip into sixteen 4"x1" pieces. Twist and place on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees or until golden brown. Let cool completely and glaze if desired.
- Glaze: Mix together confectioners sugar and milk until smooth. Dip top of each twist in glaze and place on cooling rack to set.