Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Caramel Macchiato Scones

My Baking Addiction had posted a link to these Caramel Macchiato Scones from Blue Bonnets and Brownies I knew I had to make them.  I'm a sucker for making anything with caramel in it.  And luckily I still had some Milk Duds just sitting in my cabinet waiting to be used.  All I needed was the creamer, which I needed to get anyways. Feel free to switch out the brand of creamer, I did.

This was an easy scone to make, and who doesn't like that?  And once again, these aren't hard, crumbly scones but nice soft and light scones.  I'm not really a fan of the crumbly ones, I like my breakfast items to be soft and delicious, not hard and tough to chew.  I've found over the many times I've made the Mocha Scones a few tips to make baking these easier.  Freeze the stick of butter over night.  Once you pat out the dough to be cut into shapes, stick it in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up to make it easier to cut.  This is a great scone, easy to make and will please everyone.  Perfect for all those guests we have coming our way this week. 

delicious scones

No comments:

Post a Comment