Monday, November 28, 2011

Egg Nog French Toast

This sounds so easy - and it is.  And very tasty.  For those of you who drink the Hood brand, they have a recipe on their carton for this, and that's where I got it from.  But after the first time I made it, I made changes (shocking I know).  I get excited when Egg Nog comes out because it means it's french toast time on Sunday mornings, and over the weekend I got to make it. 
Happy Breakfast!
You will be making this all the time once you try it.  The thicker the bread the better, Sourdough works great, but any bread will do.  We use normal white bread all the time, and it's always delicious.  You wont be disappointed at all with this delicious breakfast.

Egg Nog French Toast

2 cups Egg Nog
2 eggs
Cinnamon
Nutmeg
1 tsp vanilla extract

In a large bowl put Egg Nog and eggs in and mix until eggs are combined.  Add cinnamon and nutmeg to taste, add vanilla and mix well.  Preheat skillet and melt butter in pan when ready.  Dip bread in wet mixture and place in pan.  Cook 2-3 minutes each side. 

No comments:

Post a Comment