Thursday, April 5, 2012

Gluten-Free Brownies

Ween has been gluten-free for a while now, which has taken a lot of things she can eat off of the table.  And lets face it, sometimes being gluten-free isn't fun.  Things just aren't as tasty.  I was feeling really bad that she couldn't have anything I had been making lately, when something great arrived in my email.  It was a monthly newsletter from David Lebovitz, and in it was a recipe for Gluten-Free Brownies.  I was immediately excited.  I printed it out and couldn't wait to make them for Ween. 

Brownies are extremely easy to make from scratch.  For years I made them from a box, until I really got into baking.  My first time making them from scratch they turned out amazing, and I vowed to never go back to a box mix again.  These are easy to make as well, the hardest thing you have to do is melt some butter and chocolate together and whisk everything together for a minute.  Not hard at all.  Batter was ready and into the oven they went.  I love the smell of brownies baking in the oven.  It's so intoxicating.  30 minutes went by quickly and before you know it, they were out of the oven cooling.  We waited maybe an hour after they were out to try one....I highly suggest you wait until they are fully cooled - they fall apart because they are still warm.  But wow were they amazing.  Even if you're not gluten-free you should try these.  Amazingly fudgy and delicious. 

amazing
I am absolutely making these again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment