Thursday, April 26, 2012

Chips and More Cookies

Something about this one was calling to me.  I scanned the recipe really quick and it sounded good.  Plus the fact that it makes close to 70 cookies makes it a winner in my book.  I love when cookie recipes have a high yield.  I've never been able to find a truly versatile cookie that could handle anything and everything you put into it - until now.  This cookie is amazing. Use the base of the cookie and then add whatever you want, the more the better.  It will go well with anything.  I'm going to use this one again and again, that I'm sure of.  If I wasn't sure, the way that my sisters and I have been snacking on them is my answer.  For my mix-ins I used Rice Krispies, caramel squares cut into pieces and chocolate chips. 

delicious
The Rice Krispies give the cookie a great texture, a little something extra so the cookie isn't all one mushy bite.  Go crazy with what you want to add, I don't think you could go wrong by using any of your cookie favorites. 

Chips and More Cookies
makes about 70 cookies

1 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
1 cup caramel squares cut into pieces
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or Silpats.  In a large mixing bowl beat butter with electric mixer on medium-high speed for 30 seconds.  Add brown sugar, granulated sugar and oil.  Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.  Beat in egg, baking soda, cream of tartar, vanilla and salt until combined.  Beat in flour.  Stir in your choice of mix ins and stir until well combined.
  2. Drop dough be rounded teaspoons 2 inches apart onto prepared cookie sheets.  Bake for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned (it took 9 minutes in my oven).  Let cool on cookie sheets for 5 minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment