Friday, April 6, 2012

Mini Rice Krispie Treat Cupcakes with Bunny Marshmallows

When holidays roll around, I always check out the holiday candy aisle in my gorcery stores.  Sometimes I find cute things to use and a lot of times I don't, but I always check it out.  I was in my local grocery store a couple of weeks ago looking in the holiday candy aisle.  I was standing there, looking everything over and then I found it - a bag of Bunny Marshmallows.  All shaped like bunnies in different colors.  And the best part was it was only $1.  I stood there with the bag in my hand for a couple of minutes debating with myself if I would actually use it or not.  I ended up putting it in my bag and was talking myself up the whole way home that I would find a way to use them.  Fast forward a couple weeks and I still had no idea what to do with them.  I didn't want to do the obvious which would be making cupcakes and sticking them on top of the frosting.  I put it out to my friends for suggestions and got some really good ones.  I ended up combining a couple of them and decided to go with mini rice krispie treat cupcakes and dipping the bottoms of each bunny in chocolate and placing it in the center of each one.  I mean really, who doesn't like rice krispie treats? 

how stinking cute are these?!
Make the rice krispie treats the way you normally make yours and instead of pouring it out into a large pan, they just go into the mini cupcake liners.  I tried a bunch of things to fill them with - the best was to spray my hands with Pam and fill them and then squish the filling down with my hands.  It tends to stick to spoons or spatulas even if you spray it with Pam.  Let them set and once ready, melt some chocolate and dip the bunnies, then place on top of each cupcake.  Once that sets, you are ready to go! Super fun activity to do if you have small children.

No comments:

Post a Comment