Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Twix Cake

I love Twix - one of my all time favorite candy bars.  Anything with caramel in it really, but Twix has always been at the top of my list.  When I saw this recipe for Twix Cake, I knew I had to make it.  The time had finally come, I had let the recipe sit out on my kitchen table for a couple weeks and I couldn't take it anymore.  It was taunting me, asking me to make it.  I was a little worried that if I made it, it would go in the list of "Must Make Again" treats - and that's what happened. 

Amazing
This is really easy to make - the hardest part is making the caramel.  It is a lot of set up/cooling time, but other than that, this is easy.  I made 4 small cakes instead of 2 medium sized cakes.  It is a nice rich dessert and would make a large cake beautifully.   I highly suggest this one, I can't stress this enough.  If you love the candy bar version, you will love this cake.  This is by far the best Twix version of anything I've made.

No comments:

Post a Comment