Thursday, May 10, 2012

Gin and Tonic Cake

I love to bake with alcohol - this is no secret.  When I saw this recipe for Gin and Tonic Cake I freaked out.  I got extremely excited.  I planned on making it next week, but I was too impatient and couldn't wait - I had to make it right away. I called my mom to see if she had any Gin - and she did! Jackpot!

Gin!!

She sounded very interested in what I was making, I'm pretty sure I will be making this one again.  I get home from the Gin pickup and get to work - after I post a picture of the Gin on my Facebook page.  People started commenting really quick on it, asking for the recipe, asking me to let them know how it turns out - I was really excited that people were getting excited about this.  Gin and Tonic is a classic drink that everyone had tried at least once, so to find out that someone had turned it into a cake excited me to no end.  I happily shared the recipe with everyone and my tips to make it easier for them.  Just a warning - there is a lot of Gin in this recipe - like a cups worth of Gin.  It's in the cake, the glaze and the icing.  So if you're thinking that it's not going to be strong and the alcohol will of baked off, sorry to disappoint.  Lots of Gin, and it's amazing.  Like leaves your tongue kind of numb and your belly all nice and warm amazing.  My taste testers LOVED this cake.  I got amazing feedback about it. 

Amazing cake


 Gin Glaze is now my new favorite glaze.  I'm absolutely going to make this all the time - I have a short list going of when I can make it again - when AD and UD come for their next visit (hint hint AD), for my friends house warming party next month, and I'm sure I can find any excuse to make it. So bottom line, if you love a Gin and Tonic - make this cake, you wont be disappointed at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment