Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Cake Balls

I have a lot of chocolate candy coating in my cabinet, and it's been talking to me lately.  I guess that's what I get for buying 6 bags of it while it was on sale.  So instead of being taunted by it every time I open it, I thought I would use it all up.  This recipe was perfect for it - and super easy. You don't need much for this - even better right?  A store bought pound cake (or from scratch), a package of vanilla pudding, milk and some candy coating and you are all set!  I love simple recipes, and somehow they are always the tastiest things. 

delicousness
 I'm going to warn you now, besides the bad name of these, they are truly addicting.  I put it out to my Facebook followers for a new name and was told that Cake Balls was perfect.  So for now I'm sticking with the name.  These little bad boys wont last long once you make them.  And you will be making them all the time.  It's got trouble written all over it.

Cake Balls

1 store bought or from scratch pound cake, crumbled into fine crumbs
3/4 cup cold milk
1 package ( 3.4 oz) Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
1 1/2 packages of chocolate candy coating (if you can't find this, use 3 packages (4.4 oz each) milk chocolate bars
sprinkles (optional)

  1. Stir milk and pudding mix in medium bowl with large spoon just until pudding mix is moistened.  Immediately add cake crumbs; mix well.
  2. Shape into 36 (1-inch) balls; place on waxed paper covered rimmed baking sheet.  Freeze 1 hour.
  3. Melt chocolate in medium microwaveable bowl 30 seconds at a time until melted; stir until smooth.  Dip balls in chocolate; return to baking sheet.  If using sprinkles, top immediately.  Let stand until coating is firm.

No comments:

Post a Comment