|festive green sprinkles|
The smell of these baking alone made me so excited to try these, and they don't disappoint. These cupcakes are delicious.....a grown up gingerbread cupcake with just a hint of Guinness at the end. Amazingly tasty, moist and sure to please any skeptic. So what are you waiting for?! Go make these!
3 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp plus 1/8 tsp baking soda
1 3/4 baking powder
1 1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 1/4 cups vegetable oil
1 1/4 cups unsulfured molasses
1/2 cup plus 1 tbsp packed brown sugar
2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
1 tbsp plus 1 tsp finely grated orange zest
1 1/4 cups Guinness, poured and settled
2 cups confectioners sugar
1/4 cup Guinness, poured and settled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- With an electric mixer on medium-low speed, beat oil, molasses, brown sugar, whole eggs, yolk, zest and stout until combined. Reduce speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture, beating until just combined.
- Divide batter evenly among lined cups, filling each three-quarters full. Bake, rotating halfway through, until a cake tester inserted in centers comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Turn out cupcakes onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Make glaze: whisk together ingredients until combined. Use immediately.
- Place cupcakes on a wire rack set over a baking sheet; spoon glaze over cupcakes, let set.